Application deadline: 15 May 2019
Decision letter: 22 May 2019
Summer school: 25 August to 1 September 2019
Fees: 100 Euros
Number of participants: 30
The summer school is generously funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). A moderate registration fee of 100 Euro is required to cover additional expenses such as a field trip, coffee, snacks and alike.
Accepted international participants (students or PhD student) will receive:
- a flat-rate allowance of 250 Euros
- a country-dependent travel stipend amounting to at least 200 Euros (see columns
Land/Ort, meaning country/location, and
Spalte 1, simply meaning column 1, in this pdf).
This means, that each accepted international participant (student or PhD student) will receive at least 450 Euros upon succeful completion of the summer school!!!
Applicants from Germany and senior researchers (PostDocs, Professors) are welcome to apply but only a limited number can be admitted and no funding can be granted.
To apply, please send your CV and a motivation letter as a single pdf file to:
The CV and motivation letter, both one page in size, should at least state your:
- current position, affiliation and country of residence
- area of expertise and interests
- spatial statistics as well as programming skills
- confirmation to bring a poster or short presentation to shortly introduce your work (needed on Thursday, see program)
- interest in taking part in the excursion on Saturday (optional; see program)
The received data (e-mail, application) will be stored during the selection process, the funding management and for information sharing. The received data will be deleted six month after the summer school event.